Schumacher’s Wife Calls on Media for Privacy
The wife of Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher has appealed for privacy during the ongoing treatment of her husband.
Corinna Schumacher called on the media reporters to leave the clinic, where Michael is being treated.
Schumacher has been in a state of medically induced coma for 8 days, following a skiing accident in the French Alps. His condition has stabilized, but still remains critical.
"It is important to me that the doctors and the hospital be left in peace to work - please trust their statements and leave the clinic", said Corinna Schumacher, cited by the BBC.
Schumacher, a 7-time Formula 1 champion, is being treated at a hospital in Grenoble. A neurological surgery was performed on his brain immediately after the incident.
- » Estonia Votes in General Election Overshadowed by Fears over Russia
- » Thousands March in Moscow to Honour Murdered Boris Nemtsov
- » Kurdish Rebel Leader Ocalan Urges PKK Disarmament to End Conflict in Turkey
- » Thousands Expected to March in Moscow in Memory of Nemtsov
- » Donetsk Rebels Pledge to Complete Heavy Weapons Withdrawal Sunday
- » UN Chief Calls for Bringing Nemtsov’s Killers to Justice ‘Swiftly’