Bulgarian Ultranationalist MP Involved in Fresh Airport Row
Bulgarian ultranationalist leader Volen Siderov has stirred a new scandal by attacking a passenger at the airport in the Black Sea city of Varna, according to local media.
The incident occurred late on Monday.
A passenger, annoyed with Siderov talking loudly on board, confronted him by calling him a “simpleton” in the airport shuttle bus.
Siderov, together with an entourage of nine people, attacked the passenger, forcing the shuttle bus driver to press a panic button.
Airport security arrived to prevent any further disturbance.
According to witnesses, the ultranationalist MP and his entourage demanded that the other passengers delete all camera phone footage of the incident.
Volen Siderov, the leader of the ultranationalist Ataka party, has been involved in a number of scandals over the last few years. In 2010, he was detained in Germany after he hurled racist insults at the attendants of a Lufthansa flight.
In September, he and a group of Ataka MPs stirred a row in a renowned Brussels restaurant.
Earlier last year, he was spotted carrying a gun to the Bulgarian Parliament.
Even though it is not officially in power, Siderov’s extremist party is a still a key ally of the country’s fragile Socialist-led coalition government.
- » Bulgarian Tax Authorities Inspecting Print Media
- » Bulgaria's 6th Largest Parliament Group Dissolved
- » Rejection of Referendum Questions 'Blow to Half Million Citizens' - Bulgarian President
- » Bill on Establishing Single Anti-Corruption Unit in Bulgaria Fails to Pass 1st Reading
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Anticorruption Law at First Reading
- » Maya Manolova Elected Bulgaria's National Ombudsman
Democracy is wonderful, we get to vote for people we like.
Benkoviski, Seedy and Tania you probably vote GERB. GERB are cowards resigning from Government and they are the embaressment for Bulgaria.
Siderov is no angel and he is no coward. Next elections he will get the farmers votes so he will have a long career in politics.
fully agree with you. Cannot understand that people like Optimistic (!?) or Picadilly (ketchup!?) support this lunatic. If you want stand for your right you can do that verbal and specially for a MP diplomatic. His grazy behaviour haven't found in Europe at all.
This Lunatic BolenVolen is a sick scum needs urgent medical help
I go out drink too much and am noisy, this is normal behaviour for a lot of people, other people should be more tolerant and not so stuck up.
Siderov is very intelligent and a capable politican, he supported the Government in overcoming the Presidents veto their revised budget, he got out of the country when GERB were doing their stupid no confidence motions and he got his land moratoriam legislation through.
This incident is being exagerrated because people want to descredit him. Since when did the French start caring about Bulgaria? Never.
Siderov is a good MP and Political leader but he is no angel, so what. Angels are no good, I much prefer practicsl politicians.
Optimistic, which planet do you live on or perhaps which planet do you come from?
If you had bothered to read through ALL the articles regarding Siderov's latest self inflicted problem, you will note that:
1. He caused a disturbance on the plane because he was totally obnoxious, DRUNK and unruly again, which led to him verbally attacking and victimising a female passenger, who just happened to be a French official. He also demanded to see her ID and credentials, whilst shouting at her and everyone else that he was an MP and a very important person; and in the process he upset everyone else on the flight as well.
2. Then when he was on the shuttle bus, someone told him that he and his behaviour was out of line, and he then completely lost it and became physically aggressive with the other passengers and including a police officer when the authorities and security were called in to restrain him.
What don't you understand about the fact that he is totally the instigator of this latest incident? And like all the other recent incidents, this happened because he is severely under the influence of alcohol, and obviously he is a very aggressive drunk who cannot tolerate his liquor capacity, nor his faculties? Do you consider this acceptable behaviour by anyone, let alone an MP of the Bulgarian government?
What if he was aggressive to your wife, mother or other family, would you tolerate and condone this appalling behaviour?
Get a hold of yourself Optimistic and stop defending this mentally sick person. His behaviour speaks for itself. And your comments speak volumes about you.