Swedes to Open Fish Factory in Bulgaria
A Swedish-Bulgarian company has started building a fish processing factory in the Black Sea town of Aytos.
The owner of the enterprise will be "Almar", and the investment will amount to over EUR 1.5 M, revealed Standartnews.
The fish will be delivered from the North Sea, and processed at the factory in Aytos. The final product will go to various countries across Europe.
The groundbreaking ceremony took place on Sunday, and the initial plan is for it to span over 5 acres of land. It should be partially complete and ready for opening by June.
At first, around 200 people will be employed, with the option for another 50 by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Bicycle Exports Keep Rising
- » Bulgaria’s Industrial Production Index Increases in December
- » Bulgaria to Invest BGN 848 M in 1st Stage of Sofia Metro Third Line
- » Bulgaria-China JV to Turn First Sod on Feed Mill in Dobrich Thursday
- » Bulgaria’s Huvepharma to Get Three Plants in U.S. from Zoetis in USD 40M Deal
- » 2015: Three in Five Bulgarian Households Have Internet at Home