Iran Not Invited to Syria Peace Conference
Iran has not been invited to the upcoming key Syria peace conference, according to international media.
US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will meet on January 13 in a bid to decide on whether Iran should take part, a UN deputy spokesman has said.
The US insists that Iran accept the Geneva I Communique which states that the Syrian parties - Government and opposition - agree to a transitional governing body with full executive powers.However, Iran has so far refused to do so.
Talks aimed at ending the war in Syria will take place in Geneva on January 22.
The so-called Geneva-2 conference is meant as a follow-up to one held in June 2012, where world powers issued a call for a Syrian transition government.
- » The End of the Free Wikipedia Zero for Third World
- » Children in Missouri Selling Tickets for a Raffle Prize - an Automatic AR-15
- » Over 70 Civilians were Killed in Air Strikes in Syria
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite