Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP
- » Dozens Plunder Ferguson after Court Ruling on Michael Brown
- » Russia Halts Coal Supplies to Ukraine
- » EU High Representative Calls for Restart in West-Russia Relationship
- » Violence Erupts in Ferguson Following Court Ruling