Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Islamic State defeated in its Syrian capital Raqqa
- » At Least 32 Killed in an Attack on a Police Station in Afghanistan
- » Germany Sentenced a 88-year-old Holocaust Denier to Prison
- » Smoking on the Beach in Thailand is Now Fined with USD 3000
- » France Plans Anti-Street Harassment Law
- » The Number of Immigrants in the United States is more than 43 Million