Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Lufthansa Pilots to Start 8th Strike Since April
- » Russia, Ukraine Reach Tentative Agreement On Gas Deliveries
- » Patient with Ebola Symptoms Hospitalized in Kosovo's Capital
- » Greece Plans Extra LNG Imports in Case of Cut in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Putin Promises Jobs, Boost in Trade, Investment to Serbia
- » Merkel Engages in Mediation Efforst Prior to Putin-Poroshenko Talks