Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Obama Expresses Regret to Putin Over Downed Su-24 Bomber
- » Vice-President Georgieva: Restricting Free Movement of People Will be Harsh Blow to EU
- » Putin 'Not Planning to Meet Erdogan' at Paris Climate Talks
- » Turkey's Erdogan Says Ready to Meet Putin over Russia Plane
- » Turkey Gets EUR 3 B, Visa Waiver to Deter EU-Bound Migrants
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia