Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Russia Limits Alcohol Sales during the World Cup
- » 17 Turkish Officials have Requested Political Asylum in Greece
- » Kazakhstan Moves from Cyrillic to Latin
- » The End of the Free Wikipedia Zero for Third World
- » Children in Missouri Selling Tickets for a Raffle Prize - an Automatic AR-15
- » Over 70 Civilians were Killed in Air Strikes in Syria