Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit
- » EU Must Focus on Pillars of Unity after UK’s Leave Vote, Thorbjorn Jagland Says