Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Missing Malaysian Plane Tracked Off Western Coast – Report
- » Macedonia with Highest Share of Female MPs in Balkans
- » Stolen Passports on Disappeared Malaysia Plane Are 'No Terror Link'
- » Moscow Approves Humanitarian Aid to Sevastopol
- » Yanukovych: I Will Return to Kiev
- » Spain Marks 10 Years Since Madrid Bombings