Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria
- » France's New PM Announces EUR 21 B Worth Spending Cuts
- » Cuba Passes New Law to Attract Foreign Investments
- » Nearly 300 Missing and 9 Dead After South Korean Ferry Disaster