Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine
- » 40% of Serbians Optimistic About Economic Situation