Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » Netherlands Mourns, Bodies of Malaysia Airlines Crash Victims Return
- » OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
- » Ukrainian Rebels Give MH17 Black Boxes after UN Resolution
- » Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 500, UN Calls for Truce
- » Russia 'to Back' UNSC Resolution on Crashed MH17 Plane
- » Ukraine Rebels Retain Control of Crash Victims' Bodies, Black Boxes