Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
- » ISIS Supporters Celebrate Barcelona Terrorist Attack: ’Kill the Spanish Pigs’
- » U.S., Japan Agree to Boost Defenses Against North Korea
- » Spanish Police Kill 5 Suspects in 2nd Attack After 13 die in Barcelona
- » Indonesia Celebrates 72 Years of Independence
- » Spain Announces 3 Days of Mourning Over Barcelona Terror Attack
- » Spanish Police Stop Second Attack After 13 Killed in Barcelona