Suspect 'Busted Abroad' for Brutal Murder in Bulgaria – Report
A suspect has been arrested for the brutal murder of a young woman whose body was found near the Bulgarian city of Varna, according to a media report.
The body of 24-year-old Hyuliya Madzhar was discovered late on Saturday. The victim was severely bludgeoned about the head, according to police.
Daily newspaper Trud has now reported that a suspect has been busted for the murder. The arrest took place outside Bulgaria’s territory, according to the paper.
The suspect was allegedly a friend of the victim.
Hyuliya Madzhar was last seen leaving her parents' home on December 31 to attend a New Year's Eve party.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat