Suspect 'Busted Abroad' for Brutal Murder in Bulgaria – Report
A suspect has been arrested for the brutal murder of a young woman whose body was found near the Bulgarian city of Varna, according to a media report.
The body of 24-year-old Hyuliya Madzhar was discovered late on Saturday. The victim was severely bludgeoned about the head, according to police.
Daily newspaper Trud has now reported that a suspect has been busted for the murder. The arrest took place outside Bulgaria’s territory, according to the paper.
The suspect was allegedly a friend of the victim.
Hyuliya Madzhar was last seen leaving her parents' home on December 31 to attend a New Year's Eve party.
- » Bulgaria Charges Three Men over Migrant Truck Deaths in Austria
- » Bulgaria Thwarts Two Attempts to Smuggle Some 90 Migrants from Turkey
- » Four Kosovo Men Get Suspended Jail Sentences in Bulgaria for Illegally Crossing from Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court Leaves Len Homeniuk Under House Arrest, Extradition Hearing Set for Sept 16
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven