Full Overhaul Reported in Bulgarian Investigation
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov, has issued an order Monday to release from duty all department heads in the National Investigative Services (NIS).
The dismissed are: Rumen Vasilev Vanya Doycheva Angel Alexandrov Koycho Truhchev, Mladen Petrov and Emil Kirov, but the latter has left on his own.
Evgeni Dikov, Deputy Chief Prosecutor for Investigation and Director of NIS has proposed to Tsatsarov a project for the restructuring and the full overhaul of the Services, in accordance with the Action Plan of the Prosecutor's Office of Bulgaria.
The proposal includes reducing the number of departments and optimization of the specialization of investigators.
The former Deputy Director of NIS, Petko Petkov, has resigned.
Dikov will nominate before the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) investigators Lachezar Penev and Kancho Mitov as his deputies.
Penev was born in 1955 in the Danube city if Silistra. In 1980, he graduated with a law degree from Sofia University.
For 33 years, he has worked as a lawyer and investigator. From 1999 to 2011, he has been department head in NIS. Penev has specialized in Hungary, the Czech Republic and Greece.
He has completed a training course with the FBI on issues of murder investigation. His career is mainly related to the investigation of criminal offenses.
Mitov was born in 1955 in the southern town of Panagurishte. In 1988, he also graduated with a law degree from Sofia University and has worked as an investigator for 24 years. In 2004, he was promoted department head in NIS.
Mitov has specialized in the investigation of cybercrimes, economic crimes and human trafficking.
- » 24-Carat Gold Stamps Displayed at Bulgaria's Bulkolekto 2016
- » Union of Armenians in Europe To Hold Charity Ball in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Thousands Convicted for Homosexuality To Be Pardoned Posthumously in Britain
- » So Independent Festival To Host Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes Movies in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Honor St. Ivan Rilski
- » Stage of Centuries Opera Season To Be Launched in Bulgaria's Tarnovo in 2017