Bulgaria's Judiciary Ethics Body Clears Controversial Candidate
After holding a hearing Monday, the Ethics Committee of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) decided that judge Vesselina Teneva has not violated the Magistrates' Code.
Teneva, a judge from the Supreme Administrative Court (VAS), is the only nomination to lead the Inspectorate at VSS.
The members of the Ethics Committee have examined four documents from deals involving four family properties and have decided that they showed "strictly private property relationships," which did not contain any violations. They came to the same conclusion after seeing the judge's property declarations.
Upon her arrival and after the conclusion of her hearing with VSS, Teneva declined any comments of the media. When leaving the VSS headquarters she only said her explanations will be published by the Ethics Committee.
- » Sunny Weather Forecast for Bulgaria on Saturday
- » Pro-Russian Supporters, Opponents Clash Ahead of Arrival of Night Wolves in Sofia
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education