Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Dismisses Speculation of Partitioning
- » World Bank Grants USD 1.2 B in Aid to Albania
- » PM Gruevski Safe After Macedonian Govt Plane Makes Emergency Landing
- » Tsipras Hopes to Agree Outlines of Fresh Aid Deal in Riga
- » IS Captures UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palmyra in Syria
- » Albania PM Threatens to Block Macedonia's NATO Accession