Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » Crimea Holds First Parliamentary Elections After Annexation by Russia
- » North Korea Sentences US National to 6 Years Hard Labor
- » Islamic State Purportedly Executes British Hostage David Haines
- » US Declares “War” On IS
- » Ukraine's PM Accuses Russia Of Trying To Destroy His Country
- » Second Russian Convoy With Humanitarian Aid Crosses Into Ukraine