Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt