Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People
- » Spain to Hold Early Election in June amid Political Deadlock
- » Almost 182,000 Migrants Enter Europe by Sea since Start of 2016
- » Bulgaria President Dismisses Attacks over Joint Brigade with Ukraine
- » Austria Re-introduces Checks on Border with Hungary