Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » EU States Agree to Put Off End to Mobile Roaming Charges Until 2018
- » Juncker, Merkel Play Down Talk of Third Greek Bailout
- » Probe into Nemtsov Murder Pursuing Several Lines of Inquiry
- » PepsiCo and Coca Cola to Close Production Facilities in Russia
- » Hungary to Classify Paks NPP Expansion Deal for 30 Years
- » Majority of Russians Oppose Military Action in Donbass