British Media Blasts Bulgaria for 'Appalling Hypocrisy'
British media accuse Bulgaria of 'appalling hypocrisy' over the moratorium on land sale to foreigners just days after its citizens got the right to work anywhere in the Europe Union
"Bulgaria has incited fury after banning foreigners from buying land - in the same week that its citizens gained the right to work anywhere in the EU," the Daily Mail writes.
The media outlet further notes that the move has prompted accusations of 'appalling hypocrisy' and breaches the agreement which let Bulgaria join the EU in the first place.
Daily Mail underscores that Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, opposed the ban, describing it as 'wrong' and has admitted the move could cause 'serious problems' for the country's image in Europe.
The newspaper explains Bulgaria's ban was due to expire on January 1, but rebel MPs exerted pressure to pass it as law, which is to remain effective until 2020 unless the Constitutional Court overturns it.
The original article read HERE.
- » Brexit to Have Only Negative Consequences – Former Bulgarian PM
- » EU Analysis of Bulgarian Prosecution Officially Begins on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Predicts No Good Scenarios for EU after Brexit
- » Bulgaria Ready to Grant Citizenship to UK Expats - PM
- » Bulgaria's FM: No Apocalypse after Brexit
- » Brexit Raises Questions About Bulgaria's EU Chairmanship in 2018