British Media Blasts Bulgaria for 'Appalling Hypocrisy'
British media accuse Bulgaria of 'appalling hypocrisy' over the moratorium on land sale to foreigners just days after its citizens got the right to work anywhere in the Europe Union
"Bulgaria has incited fury after banning foreigners from buying land - in the same week that its citizens gained the right to work anywhere in the EU," the Daily Mail writes.
The media outlet further notes that the move has prompted accusations of 'appalling hypocrisy' and breaches the agreement which let Bulgaria join the EU in the first place.
Daily Mail underscores that Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, opposed the ban, describing it as 'wrong' and has admitted the move could cause 'serious problems' for the country's image in Europe.
The newspaper explains Bulgaria's ban was due to expire on January 1, but rebel MPs exerted pressure to pass it as law, which is to remain effective until 2020 unless the Constitutional Court overturns it.
The original article read HERE.
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
- » Georgieva Is Bulgaria's EU Foreign Policy Chief Candidate - PM
- » Bulgaria's FM Vigenin 'to Be EU Commissioner Candidate'
- » Juncker Adamant To Get Kristalina Georgieva on His Team
- » FT: Bulgaria's Georgieva Plausible as EU Foreign Policy Chief
- » Sergey Stanishev to Seek Re-election as PES Leader