Bulgarian Tobacco Growers to Hold Road Blockade
Bulgarian tobacco growers will stage a protest rally on Monday, threatening to block the E-80 road by Harmanli.
They are angry over the delay of the purchase of 'Basma-type' tobacco and the fact that its price has dropped by BGN 2 compared to last year.
The protest is set to start at 10 AM, although it has not been authorized by the municipality, reports NovaTV.
Tsvetan Filev, head of the Tobacco Growers’ Association, stressed that the protest is not against the state authorities but against tobacco buying companies, adding that tobacco growers did not want anything from the state at this point.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet