Bulgarian Tobacco Growers to Hold Road Blockade
Bulgarian tobacco growers will stage a protest rally on Monday, threatening to block the E-80 road by Harmanli.
They are angry over the delay of the purchase of 'Basma-type' tobacco and the fact that its price has dropped by BGN 2 compared to last year.
The protest is set to start at 10 AM, although it has not been authorized by the municipality, reports NovaTV.
Tsvetan Filev, head of the Tobacco Growers’ Association, stressed that the protest is not against the state authorities but against tobacco buying companies, adding that tobacco growers did not want anything from the state at this point.
- » NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council
- » The Bulgarian Justice Minister is on a Working Visit to Brussels on 19 and 20 June
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Any Administrative Burden or Delay Create Tension in Society