Bulgarian Tobacco Growers to Hold Road Blockade
Bulgarian tobacco growers will stage a protest rally on Monday, threatening to block the E-80 road by Harmanli.
They are angry over the delay of the purchase of 'Basma-type' tobacco and the fact that its price has dropped by BGN 2 compared to last year.
The protest is set to start at 10 AM, although it has not been authorized by the municipality, reports NovaTV.
Tsvetan Filev, head of the Tobacco Growers’ Association, stressed that the protest is not against the state authorities but against tobacco buying companies, adding that tobacco growers did not want anything from the state at this point.
- » ABV's Reelected Leader Demands Reshuffle in Bulgaria's Govt
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Employees Have Been Unlawfully Fired
- » Bulgarian PM Pledges Support for State Customs Agency Chief
- » Bulgaria’s Army to Assist Border Police Officers as of Monday
- » Alternative for Bulgarian Revival Votes to Elect Party Chair
- » Bulgaria MPs Recognize 'Mass Extermination' of Armenians