Bulgarian Tobacco Growers to Hold Road Blockade
Bulgarian tobacco growers will stage a protest rally on Monday, threatening to block the E-80 road by Harmanli.
They are angry over the delay of the purchase of 'Basma-type' tobacco and the fact that its price has dropped by BGN 2 compared to last year.
The protest is set to start at 10 AM, although it has not been authorized by the municipality, reports NovaTV.
Tsvetan Filev, head of the Tobacco Growers’ Association, stressed that the protest is not against the state authorities but against tobacco buying companies, adding that tobacco growers did not want anything from the state at this point.
- » Bulgarian MPs to Vote on Anti-Terror Bill
- » Left-wing Parties in Bulgaria Unable to Propose Joint Presidential Nomination - Analyst
- » Bulgaria Takes to Court Three Syrians on Charges of Terrorism
- » Second Straw Poll on UN Top Job Candidates Next Week
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Choose from Three Dates for 2016 Presidential Elections
- » Bulgaria's ABV: Leader, ex-President Should Run Again