Bulgarian Tobacco Growers to Hold Road Blockade
Bulgarian tobacco growers will stage a protest rally on Monday, threatening to block the E-80 road by Harmanli.
They are angry over the delay of the purchase of 'Basma-type' tobacco and the fact that its price has dropped by BGN 2 compared to last year.
The protest is set to start at 10 AM, although it has not been authorized by the municipality, reports NovaTV.
Tsvetan Filev, head of the Tobacco Growers’ Association, stressed that the protest is not against the state authorities but against tobacco buying companies, adding that tobacco growers did not want anything from the state at this point.
- » Threat to DPS Leader's Life 'Received' During Previous Parliament
- » 3 out of 4 Senior Executives of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund Replaced Overnight
- » Temenuzhka Yankova Appointed Deputy Chief of Bulgaria's Revenue Agency
- » Bulgaria Has Failed to Solve Many Problems Identified Prior to EU Accession – British MEP
- » Court Rules Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Should Return Saragyol to State
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments