Bulgaria’s Pironkova Defeats 22nd Ranked Cirstea
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Romania’s Sorana Cirstea 6:4, 6:1 in the first round of the Apia International tennis tournament in Sydney.
After having to go through qualifying rounds, Pironkova proved she is regaining her form, beating an opponent ranked 85 places above her in just over an hour.
In the next round, the Bulgarian will face Varvara Lepchenko, an Uzbek-born competing for USA.
Pironkova has beaten Lepchenko 3 times in their 4 meetings so far.
- » Sofia, Varna To Co-Host Volleyball European Championship 2015 With 2 Italian Cities
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Keeps Chances of Continuing in Europe
- » Liverpool - Ludogorets Champions League Match in Sofia Ends 2:2
- » Liverpool - Ludogorets 2:1 in First Half
- » Ludogorets, Liverpool Face Off in Decisive Encounter
- » Klitschko's Promotion Agency Sues Pulev Over Drug Allegations