Bulgaria’s Pironkova Defeats 22nd Ranked Cirstea
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Romania’s Sorana Cirstea 6:4, 6:1 in the first round of the Apia International tennis tournament in Sydney.
After having to go through qualifying rounds, Pironkova proved she is regaining her form, beating an opponent ranked 85 places above her in just over an hour.
In the next round, the Bulgarian will face Varvara Lepchenko, an Uzbek-born competing for USA.
Pironkova has beaten Lepchenko 3 times in their 4 meetings so far.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Has Achieved a Historic Success
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India