Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Burns Down Overnight
A blaze has destroyed to ashes the office of populist party "Bulgaria without Censorship" in the southern city of Stara Zagora, the party's press center said Sunday.
The office was opened a only few days ago, personally by party leader and controversial former TV host, Nikolay Barekov.
The party reported that the fire flared at 2 am and burned down the entire building, located in the city's central park.
A firefighter team was immediately sent to the scene, but they were unable to rescue the office. The causes of fire are being probed.
Barekov said that provocations started before Christmas from detractors who tried to stir a debate about the location of the office, claiming that it was an obstacle for people wishing to use the park.
"Bulgaria without censorship" thinks the police and the fire departments failed to do an adequate job and with their inaction have allowed the office in Stara Zagora to burn to the ground.
Moreover, without an expert report and without surveying security cameras around, they were quick to issue a statement that this was not case of arson," Barekov writes in his blog.
In September 2013, Barekov officially quit TV7 and its sister channels, and announced an upcoming political career, suggesting his ambitions reach very high, including the positions of Bulgarian PM or President.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
Lol, serves him right. Suck it up princess. Perhaps you can go back to your old job and do a full investigative report on this terrible "accidental" fire.
Barekov was one of the main instigators and cause of the dreadful outcome of the elections last year, when his expose on votebuying was aired on TV during the blackout of political campaigning.