Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Sunday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 2 km east of the town of Gotse Delchev, 74 km southeast of the city of Blagoevgrad and 130 km south from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 6:51 am.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister to Cut Ribbon on Waste Management System in Vidin
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria