Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Sunday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 2 km east of the town of Gotse Delchev, 74 km southeast of the city of Blagoevgrad and 130 km south from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 6:51 am.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Risk of Fires in Bulgaria Remains High
- » 3.1-Magnitute Earthquake Registered in Bulgaria, Near Strazhitsa
- » Earthquake Stronger Than Magnitude 7 to Hit Turkey’s Marmara Region in Near Future
- » Mostly Sunny weather, with Clouds in Afternoon, NIMH
- » Wild Fires Broke Out in the South Bulgarian Region of Haskovo
- » Earthquake in Azerbaijan