Serbia Proposes Joint Balkan Embassies in Asia, Africa, Latin America
Serbia has proposed to establish joint diplomatic missions abroad with a number of Balkan countries.
Serbia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched talks on the matter with Skopje, while Podgorica, Sarajevo and Ljubljana on possible joint diplomatic outposts in Africa, Asia and Latin America, according to news portal SarajevoTimes.
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivan Mrkic explained that the measure was expected to cut costs and make Balkan countries more visible in many parts of the world, adding that the sides were expected to reach agreement on the matter by the end of the year.
He also made clear that Serbia was closest to an agreement with Macedonia and Montenegro.
- » Turkish Stream Could Help Greece and Turkey Improve Relations, Russia’s EU Envoy Says
- » Boat Carrying Dozens of Migrants Sinks Off Sicily
- » Varoufakis to Take Part in Meeting of Eurozone Finance Ministers
- » IS Says It Committed Texas Prophet Cartoon Attack
- » Train Drivers at Germany's Deutsche Bahn Begins Its Longest-Ever Strike
- » No More Need for Foreign Rescue Missions in Nepal