Serbia Proposes Joint Balkan Embassies in Asia, Africa, Latin America
Serbia has proposed to establish joint diplomatic missions abroad with a number of Balkan countries.
Serbia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched talks on the matter with Skopje, while Podgorica, Sarajevo and Ljubljana on possible joint diplomatic outposts in Africa, Asia and Latin America, according to news portal SarajevoTimes.
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivan Mrkic explained that the measure was expected to cut costs and make Balkan countries more visible in many parts of the world, adding that the sides were expected to reach agreement on the matter by the end of the year.
He also made clear that Serbia was closest to an agreement with Macedonia and Montenegro.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot