Schumacher Remains Critical as Helmet Camera Examined
Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher remains "critical but stable" in hospital after an skiing accident.
On Saturday, Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, refuted a statement made by former F1 driver Phillippe Strieff who claimed that the life of the seven-time champion was no longer in danger.
Kehm noted that "any information not ... from doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as invalid and pure speculation."
Meanwhile, investigators in France are examining a camera which had been fixed to Schumacher’s ski helmet, according to media reports.
Authorities are hoping the device may reveal clues about the circumstances of his skiing accident in the French Alps.
The most successful F1 driver in history is in a medically induced coma after suffering head injuries during a fall in the resort of Meribel last Sunday.
- » Prosecution Source Names Two of Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Attackers
- » Georgia’s Association Agreement with EU Enters Fully into Force
- » Slovakia Assumes EU Presidency amid post-Brexit Uncertainty
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Exceed 225,000 in H1 2016
- » Austria’s Top Court Orders Re-run of Presidential Vote over Counting Irregularities
- » Salzburg Forum Countries Reaffirm Commitment to Cooperate in Stemming Migrant Influx