2 Alleged Asylum Seekers Rescued off Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
Two individuals have been rescued off the coast of Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna.
According to local media reports, the two are asylum seekers, allegedly from Syria.
They were taken to hospital with different stages of hypothermia.
Medics have told the Focus news agency that they are in a critical condition.
Police have told reporters they would reveal more information on the case later on Saturday.
In 2013 over 9,000 people sought asylum in Bulgaria, up from an annual average of 1,000 asylum-seekers since its accession to the EU in 2007.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea