2 Alleged Asylum Seekers Rescued off Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
Two individuals have been rescued off the coast of Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna.
According to local media reports, the two are asylum seekers, allegedly from Syria.
They were taken to hospital with different stages of hypothermia.
Medics have told the Focus news agency that they are in a critical condition.
Police have told reporters they would reveal more information on the case later on Saturday.
In 2013 over 9,000 people sought asylum in Bulgaria, up from an annual average of 1,000 asylum-seekers since its accession to the EU in 2007.
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: No Injured Bulgarian Citizens in the Bus Crash in Hungary
- » Road Accident Involving Bulgarian Bus in Hungary
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » 13-Years-Old Blind Girl from Bulgaria Conquers Musical Peaks
- » Heavy Traffic on Road E79 Due to Serious Chain Catastrophe
- » A Man Attacked a Policeman with a Knife in a Spanish City