2 Alleged Asylum Seekers Rescued off Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
Two individuals have been rescued off the coast of Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna.
According to local media reports, the two are asylum seekers, allegedly from Syria.
They were taken to hospital with different stages of hypothermia.
Medics have told the Focus news agency that they are in a critical condition.
Police have told reporters they would reveal more information on the case later on Saturday.
In 2013 over 9,000 people sought asylum in Bulgaria, up from an annual average of 1,000 asylum-seekers since its accession to the EU in 2007.
- » Woman Finds Live Worms in Cookie Package
- » Bulgaria Ready to Support International Criminal Court – Chief Prosecutor
- » BAS To Investigate UFO Claims
- » Sixth Edition Of 'Northern Lights' Festival For Nordic Cinema
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature