Arsenal Coach Denies Interest in Bulgaria's Berbatov
Arsenal's coach Arsene Wenger has denied the rumours that he will make an offer for Fulham's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
"He is not a name we have considered at the moment. We have not contacted anybody", said Wenger, cited by Goal.com.
The Premier League leaders are faced with a long injury list, which includes all of their 3 strikers, although Olivier Giroud could be fit as early as next weekend.
Earlier this week, several British tabloids suggested that Arsenal are preparing a BGP 2 M offer for Berbatov, who has previously played for arch rivals Tottenham.
Although not in his best form, the Bulgarian will be a key figure in Fulham's struggle for survival, and coach Rene Meulensteen is keen to hold on to him until the end of the season.
Other reports link Berbatov with a move to Turkish teams Galatasaray, Besiktas, and Trabzonspor. No side has yet made an official offer.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award