Arsenal Coach Denies Interest in Bulgaria's Berbatov
Arsenal's coach Arsene Wenger has denied the rumours that he will make an offer for Fulham's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
"He is not a name we have considered at the moment. We have not contacted anybody", said Wenger, cited by Goal.com.
The Premier League leaders are faced with a long injury list, which includes all of their 3 strikers, although Olivier Giroud could be fit as early as next weekend.
Earlier this week, several British tabloids suggested that Arsenal are preparing a BGP 2 M offer for Berbatov, who has previously played for arch rivals Tottenham.
Although not in his best form, the Bulgarian will be a key figure in Fulham's struggle for survival, and coach Rene Meulensteen is keen to hold on to him until the end of the season.
Other reports link Berbatov with a move to Turkish teams Galatasaray, Besiktas, and Trabzonspor. No side has yet made an official offer.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award