Bulgarian Students Youngest Dropouts in EU
Bulgaria holds the lowest average age for dropping out of school in all of the EU, at 14.3 years.
The latest study of the sociological agency Mediana was presented by its director Kolio Kolev at a press conference.
"Also, Bulgaria ranks 9th in the EU in the number of students falling out of school before completing their secondary education", revealed Kolev, cited by the daily 24Chasa.
According to Kolev, one of the reasons for this is the labour market, which is failing to live up to the expectations of the graduates. Thus, many are demotivated to pursue their education until the end.
As many as 91% of those surveyed believe that secondary education should provide a professional qualification.
The percentage of high school seniors who are also working at the same time is rather high, at 19%.
- » Students from Russe Won 3 Gold Medals at Maths Olympiad in Singapore
- » 'LibraryBus' Starts Working from Tomorrow in Sofia
- » Sofia University to Hold the World BioDiscovery Congress 2017
- » Bulgarian Students Won Medals at the International Olympiad for Chemistry in Thailand
- » Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski " with 10% More Students This Year
- » 184 Innovative Schools Will Start Training Children from September