Injured Schumacher Turns 45, Fans Gather at Hospital
Fans of Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher have gathered outside the hospital in Grenoble to mark his 45th birthday and offer their support in the struggle for his life.
Schumacher suffered a skiing accident on Sunday in the French Alps, falling and hitting his head on a rock. The German was rushed to hospital with severe brain injuries, requiring a neurological intervention.
On Wednesday, doctors revealed that his condition has stabilized, but it still remains critical.
The 7-time Formula 1 champion turns 45 on Friday. Ferrari fans from across France and Italy are expected to travel to Grenoble for the tribute, reports Euronews.
Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt has also visited Schumacher at the hospital.
Schumacher's family have expressed their gratitude for the support of the fans.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Captain of Romanian Football Champion
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in First Round of Wimbledon
- » Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Starts Wimbledon with Convincing Win against Delbonis
- » Bulgaria Finishes 27th at First European Games after Claiming Ten Medals