Injured Schumacher Turns 45, Fans Gather at Hospital
Fans of Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher have gathered outside the hospital in Grenoble to mark his 45th birthday and offer their support in the struggle for his life.
Schumacher suffered a skiing accident on Sunday in the French Alps, falling and hitting his head on a rock. The German was rushed to hospital with severe brain injuries, requiring a neurological intervention.
On Wednesday, doctors revealed that his condition has stabilized, but it still remains critical.
The 7-time Formula 1 champion turns 45 on Friday. Ferrari fans from across France and Italy are expected to travel to Grenoble for the tribute, reports Euronews.
Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt has also visited Schumacher at the hospital.
Schumacher's family have expressed their gratitude for the support of the fans.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach