US Northeast Braces for Major Storm
A major winter storm is gathering in the northeast of the United States, moving in from the Midwest.
The strom brought high winds, Arctic temperatures and the first major snowfall for the winter season to the Midwest, reports the Voice of America.
Warnings for ice were announced for large parts of New England Thursday night and Friday.
A 35 cm snow cover with winds close to some 80 km/h are expected for the Boston area.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°