Bear Attack on Livestock Registered in Bulgaria
A bear has broken into a cattle pen and killed a calf near a village in the mountainous Smolyan region of southern Bulgaria.
The attack occured on New Year's eve near the village of Koshnitsa in the Rhodope Mountains, reported the Bulgarian National Radio Thursday.
The bear broke into an electrically protected cattle pen, housing 20 cows and calves, killing a 1 year old 250 kg calf.
The owner stands for compensation from Bulgarian environmental authorities.
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies
- » Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria