Subway Link to Sofia Airport Completed 38%
The work for the expansion of Bulgarian capital Sofia's subway system to the Sofia International Airport is completed on some 38%, according to the metro company chief Stoyan Bratoev.
"By the end of 2014, constrution should reach 95% and in the beginning of next year we will gradually start trials," said Bratoev Thursday.
The Sofia Metropolitan director added that the rate of work will allow meeting the April 2015 deadline for the launch of the subway extension.
The 5 km long track from the current Tsarigradsko Shosse station on to Sofia Airport will include 4 new underground stations.
According to Bratoev, architecture work and the installation of operating facilities are scheduled for the summer.
- » Bulgaria's NRA Single Account Successfully Ditched
- » Passenger Trains To Pass Through Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgaria's Hotels Keep Their Heads Above Water in January
- » Three-Year Settlement in Bulgaria Required for Land Sale to Foreigners
- » Bulgarian Mobile App Attracts USD 2.4M Investment
- » Bulgaria's Exports to EU Increase by 9% in 2013 – NSI