Subway Link to Sofia Airport Completed 38%
The work for the expansion of Bulgarian capital Sofia's subway system to the Sofia International Airport is completed on some 38%, according to the metro company chief Stoyan Bratoev.
"By the end of 2014, constrution should reach 95% and in the beginning of next year we will gradually start trials," said Bratoev Thursday.
The Sofia Metropolitan director added that the rate of work will allow meeting the April 2015 deadline for the launch of the subway extension.
The 5 km long track from the current Tsarigradsko Shosse station on to Sofia Airport will include 4 new underground stations.
According to Bratoev, architecture work and the installation of operating facilities are scheduled for the summer.
- » EU Energy Commissioner Opposes Breaking Gas Ties with Russia
- » Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Stopped for Annual Overhaul
- » Bulgarians To Spend BGN 300 M on Easter Travels
- » Half of Bulgarian Employers Loosen Purse Strings on Easter
- » Some 200,000 Bulgarians Yet to File Tax Declarations - NRA
- » EU Does Not Consider South Stream Priority – Official