Schumacher Could be Damaged for Life, Doctors Say
Doctors treating Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher say he may suffer side effects for the rest of his life, if he makes it out of the critical condition.
“The situation remains the same as yesterday. The injuries on his brain are serious, and if he does make it through, there could be consequences for the rest of his life”, commented Prof. Jean-Francois Payen from the hospital in Grenoble, cited by Sportal.bg.
On Wednesday, French doctors revealed that Schumacher’s condition improved slightly after a second surgery to relieve pressure on his brain, but it was still too early to make predictions.
The 7-time racing car champion suffered a skiing accident on Sunday in the French Alps, following which he was placed in an induced coma.
On Friday, Schumacher will turn 45.
- » Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells