Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beaten by Federer in Doubles
Bulgaria’s top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov lost in the quarterfinals of the doubles competition at Brisbane to former number one Roger Federer.
Dimitrov and his partner Jeremy Chardy were beaten 6:7, 7:6, 9:11, by Roger Federer and Nicolas Mahut in a dramatic match, which lasted 1 hour and 41 minutes.
This was the second time Dimitrov faced his idol Roger Federer, after the two met in the singles quarterfinal in Basel in October. The Swiss won 6:3, 7:6 on that occasion.
Dimitrov is preparing for the upcoming Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, which starts on January 13.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart