Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beaten by Federer in Doubles
Bulgaria’s top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov lost in the quarterfinals of the doubles competition at Brisbane to former number one Roger Federer.
Dimitrov and his partner Jeremy Chardy were beaten 6:7, 7:6, 9:11, by Roger Federer and Nicolas Mahut in a dramatic match, which lasted 1 hour and 41 minutes.
This was the second time Dimitrov faced his idol Roger Federer, after the two met in the singles quarterfinal in Basel in October. The Swiss won 6:3, 7:6 on that occasion.
Dimitrov is preparing for the upcoming Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, which starts on January 13.
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'