Bulgaria's Asenevtsi Monument Covered in Graffiti Again
The monument of the Asen Dynasty in Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria has been profaned once again Thursday morning.
The historical monument "Asenevtsi" was covered in graffiti again only one day after volunteers cleaned it from a previous anonymous desecration, Bulgarian Focus News Agency informed.
Some of the monument inscriptions such as "uprising", "liberation" and "Bulgarian state and honor" were highlighted in red paint. All four pedestals were covered in graffiti slogans: "Love Bulgaria", "We need cultural revolution for national evolution".
On 30 December, the Asenevtsi monument was vandalized by unknown perpetrators.
Veliko Tarnovo Municipality stated its official position of disagreement with the profanation of the historical monument. Such an act of vandalism against Bulgarian cultural heritage was unacceptable in all forms, the officials stressed.
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo