Palestinian Ambassador to Czech Republic Dies in Explosion
The Palestinian ambassador to the Czech Republic has passed away after sustaining injuries in a blast at his residence on Wednesday, according to police.
Earlier on Wednesday, it was reported that Ambassador Jamal al-Jamal was "severely injured" by the explosion that rocked his residence in Prague.
The blast occurred before midday in Internacionalni Street in the Suchdol neighborhood.
The ambassador was with his family in the house as the explosion occurred, embassy spokesman Nabil el-Fahel said, according to RT. He added that the cause of the incident is so far unknown.
It is not yet clear what caused the explosion.
Unconfirmed reports say the diplomat was opening a safe when the blast occurred.
- » Government, Opposition in Venezuela Mark Progress in Talks
- » NATO to React "Immediately" on Ukrainian Crisis
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Climbs to 4, Many Missing
- » Putin, Lavrov Warn Against Use of Army in Eastern Ukraine
- » Serbia's Vucic Offers Socialists to Enter Coalition
- » Estonia Calls for More NATO Presence