Wedding Bells for Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki
Golfer Rory McIlroy and tennis player Caroline Wozniacki are to marry, the pair have announced.
Two-time major winner McIlroy, 24, and former world number one Wozniacki, 23, took to Twitter to reveal their plans.
McIlroy posted a picture of them both and added: "Happy New Year everyone! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!! My first victory of 2014 #shesaidyes!!"
Wozniacki tweeted: "Rory and I started 2014 with a bang! ... I said YES!!!!"
Northern Irishman McIlroy and Dane Wozniacki have been in a relationship since 2011 and have regularly appeared together in public.
The couple visited Bulgaria in November 2012, when Caroline Wozniacki took part in the Tournament of Champions in Sofia.
Despite massive support for her from the crowd in Sofia's Arena Armeec Hall and boyfriend Rory McIlroy, who was in the audience, the Dane suffered a surprising and emphatic defeat in the final game by Nadia Petrova.
- » Schumacher’s Family Says He’s Shown ‘Encouraging Signs’
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Latvia's Gulbis, Out of Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby