Volgograd Bomber Male, Attacks May be Linked - Report
It is believed that the terrorist attack on a trolleybus in Volgograd was carried out by a male suicide bomber.
According to the spokesman of the Investigative Committee, Vladimir Markin, it is very possible that the attacks from Monday and Sunday are linked, reports RIA Novosti.
The explosion on Monday morning tore through a packed trolleybus, killing 15 and injuring 28. On Sunday, 17 people were killed in a blast at the city’s railway station.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered a tightening of security in Volgograd, Moscow and throughout the country after the back-to-back attacks, and met with the heads of Federal Security Service and Interior Ministry on Monday.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad