Bulgarian Tourism Marks Record Year
The outgoing 2013 was among the best years for Bulgaria’s tourism sector.
For the first time, profits exceeded EUR 3 B and the number of tourists climbed over 7 million, reports Investor.bg. This is a 5% growth compared to the previous year.
As expected, the summer season was the most successful, with a 5.8% increase in the number of tourists. The highest share came from Romanians, over 1 million of whom visited the Black Sea. A notable increase among Russian and German tourists was evident.
Winter tourism also marked an exceptional 8.2% rise.
Tourism remains the only sector in Bulgaria to record progressive growth over the years of economic recession.
- » Tourists at Sunny Beach Complain of Tow Truck Blackmail
- » Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
- » Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Boasts 33% Higher Hotel Revenues in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Sunny Beach – Cheapest EU Tourist Destination for Brits
- » Tourist Season Not Affected by Floods – Branimir Botev