Bulgarian Tourism Marks Record Year
The outgoing 2013 was among the best years for Bulgaria’s tourism sector.
For the first time, profits exceeded EUR 3 B and the number of tourists climbed over 7 million, reports Investor.bg. This is a 5% growth compared to the previous year.
As expected, the summer season was the most successful, with a 5.8% increase in the number of tourists. The highest share came from Romanians, over 1 million of whom visited the Black Sea. A notable increase among Russian and German tourists was evident.
Winter tourism also marked an exceptional 8.2% rise.
Tourism remains the only sector in Bulgaria to record progressive growth over the years of economic recession.
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
- » Sofia Ranks as Cheapest European Destination
- » Bulgaria's National Statistics Clash with Ex-Govt Figures on Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists