Bulgarian Tourism Marks Record Year
The outgoing 2013 was among the best years for Bulgaria’s tourism sector.
For the first time, profits exceeded EUR 3 B and the number of tourists climbed over 7 million, reports Investor.bg. This is a 5% growth compared to the previous year.
As expected, the summer season was the most successful, with a 5.8% increase in the number of tourists. The highest share came from Romanians, over 1 million of whom visited the Black Sea. A notable increase among Russian and German tourists was evident.
Winter tourism also marked an exceptional 8.2% rise.
Tourism remains the only sector in Bulgaria to record progressive growth over the years of economic recession.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
- » Bulgarians Spend Their Summer Vacation in London, Barcelona
- » Another Russian Tour Operator Goes Out of Business
- » Inspections Find Violations at 1 out of 7 Bulgarian Beaches
- » Bulgarian Hotels Boast 11.6% Revenue Growth in June 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue to Drop This Summer – Industry Sources