Bulgarian Tourism Marks Record Year
The outgoing 2013 was among the best years for Bulgaria’s tourism sector.
For the first time, profits exceeded EUR 3 B and the number of tourists climbed over 7 million, reports Investor.bg. This is a 5% growth compared to the previous year.
As expected, the summer season was the most successful, with a 5.8% increase in the number of tourists. The highest share came from Romanians, over 1 million of whom visited the Black Sea. A notable increase among Russian and German tourists was evident.
Winter tourism also marked an exceptional 8.2% rise.
Tourism remains the only sector in Bulgaria to record progressive growth over the years of economic recession.
- » London and Rome Lure Bulgarian Tourists for Easter
- » Bulgaria To Launch Tourism Campaign in Germany
- » 6000 Austrian Pensioners To Go On Vacation In Bulgaria's Sunny Beach
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Seaport To Become Hub for Cruise Ships
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flight Varna-Istanbul in May
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution Confirms Doubts for Violations in Bansko