Warm Wave Pushes Up Temperatures in Bulgaria
As a warm wave set in Bulgaria Saturday, temperatures at some locations soared into the teens on the Celsius scale, untypically for late December.
However, no temperature records have been set for the date, informs Bulgaria's National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology.
The highest temperature Saturday was measured in the southern city of Sliven, 16 degrees Centigrade.
Chirpan, Razgrad, Stara Zagora and Varna boasted highs of 15 C, and Dobrich, 14 C.
However, tempertures in western and central northern Bulgaria, where there was fog for most of the day, did not rise above 2-5 degrees Centigrade.
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies
- » Mild Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria