UK Company Interested in Building Major Winter Resort in Bulgaria
Greek representatives of an international British company have held talks Saturday with southern Bulgarian city of Smolyan mayor Nikolay Melemov over the construction of a large skiing resort in the region.
This is the second meeting betweeh representatives of the unnamed company and Melemov, reports Bulgaria's Focus Information Agency
The discussed project involves expanding facilities at the Pamporovo winter resort and linking them to facilities in the planned Perelik resort.
This includes building new ski runs and lifts in the area, located in Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains.
Smolyan mayor Melemov said that two options are being considered - one of joining Pamporovo and Perelik into one large resort, and the other, of developing the two areas as separate.
The business representatives stressed that due to the scale of the project, there are many further preliminary assessments to be carried out.
On his part, Melemov vowed that the Smolyan municipality will be a reliable partner to the project.
- » Bulgaria will have Advertising Billboards in New York
- » Wizz Air Opens 28th Base in Varna
- » More and More Foreigners Work on the Black Sea Coast
- » Number of Violations Were Found Along the Northern Black Sea Cost
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Almost as Many Greeks Come to Bulgaria as Bulgarians Visit Greece'
- » DW: Bulgaria Expects a Busy Summer