Embattled Erdogan Vows to Persevere
Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose cabinet was shaken by a high-profile graft probe, has voiced his resoluteness to stay in power as long as is government is legitimately supported by the Turkish people.
"I want to be clear. If our nation tells us to go, we will go. There is no question about this. But when people are telling us to stay, we shall not listenn to anyone else who is telling us to go away," said Erdogan.
The Turkish PM spoke upon receiving a honorary doctor's degree Saturday.
Friday Turkey's armed forces released an official statement, saying they have no intentions to interfere in the country's politics.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad