Bulgaria's Anti-Govt Protesters Vow to Get Radical
Bulgaria's anti-government demonstrators will get more radical after January 10.
The Facebook-organized event was created by one of the faces of the protests against PM Oresharski's Socialist-endorsed cabinet - Yavor Nikiforov, who was arrested in mid-November.
Nikiforov made an analogy between the current situation and the events in Bulgaria from January 1997 when the country fell into a deep political and financial crisis and people took the streets in protests. According to him, it was time that history repeated itself.
"We did not expect such an arrogant and thick-skinned government. From now on, it has become clear that we have to get inside the Parliament building, as people did in 1997. We must choose the least painful way to end this harmful period of Bulgarian history" Nikiforov said.
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo
- » Seven Women Die in EU Each Day Due to Domestic Violence
- » Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show