Bulgarian Monasteries to Shelter Refugees
Several Bulgarian monasteries have expressed willingness to shelter Syrian refugees.
The Lopushna Monastery in Northwestern Bulgaria can house between 15-20 refugees.
“It is our duty as Christians to offer whatever means we have in order for these people to feel better”, said Bishop Sionii, the monastery’s abbot, cited by bTV.
The doors of the monastery will be open not only for Christians, but also Muslims, running from the horrors of war.
The nearby Chiprovtsi Monastery, the Rakovishki Monastery, and the Izvorski Monastery are also ready to house refugees.
- » Seven Women Die in EU Each Day Due to Domestic Violence
- » Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show
- » Bulgarian Journalist Held Up at Gunpoint in Crimea
- » Sand Sculptures Festival to Take Place in Burgas