Bulgarian Monasteries to Shelter Refugees
Several Bulgarian monasteries have expressed willingness to shelter Syrian refugees.
The Lopushna Monastery in Northwestern Bulgaria can house between 15-20 refugees.
“It is our duty as Christians to offer whatever means we have in order for these people to feel better”, said Bishop Sionii, the monastery’s abbot, cited by bTV.
The doors of the monastery will be open not only for Christians, but also Muslims, running from the horrors of war.
The nearby Chiprovtsi Monastery, the Rakovishki Monastery, and the Izvorski Monastery are also ready to house refugees.
- » Rising Rivers Flood Villages in NW Bulgaria
- » No Risk of Flooding Dams, Says Bulgarian Agriculture Minister
- » Trade Union: 20% of Households in Bulgaria Below Poverty Line
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria