Bulgarian Monasteries to Shelter Refugees
Several Bulgarian monasteries have expressed willingness to shelter Syrian refugees.
The Lopushna Monastery in Northwestern Bulgaria can house between 15-20 refugees.
“It is our duty as Christians to offer whatever means we have in order for these people to feel better”, said Bishop Sionii, the monastery’s abbot, cited by bTV.
The doors of the monastery will be open not only for Christians, but also Muslims, running from the horrors of war.
The nearby Chiprovtsi Monastery, the Rakovishki Monastery, and the Izvorski Monastery are also ready to house refugees.
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
- » 56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society
- » Bulgaria's Population Decreasing and Aging – NSI
- » Aspiring Member States Risk Violating EU Pollution Limits
- » European Parliament To Impose Restrictions On Plastic Bags