Bulgaria Marks Anniversary of 5 Rangers Killed in Iraq
A memorial service took place in the Bulgarian town of Karlovo to mark 10 years since the death of 5 rangers in Kerbala, Iraq.
On December 27, 2003, between 12:45 and 1 pm local time, suicide bombers using automobiles loaded with explosives, conducted three attacks in the Iraqi city of Kerbala.
One of the blasts killed 5 Bulgarian rangers and injured 27.
The memorial service was held in the newly opened St. Mina chapel in Karlovo. A number of those attending Friday’s service were among those injured in the attack.
Those who died on their duty post were Captain Georgi Kachorin, Senior Lieutenant Nikolay Saraev, Senior Sargent Ivan Indzhov, Junior Sargent Anton Petrov, and Private Svilen Kirov.
- » Russia Starts Military Drills over Situation in Ukraine
- » Russian Bombers 'Approached NATO Airspace'
- » Finland to Sign Memorandum on NATO Assistance
- » US Increases Military Presence in CEE, Black Sea
- » Sweden Increases Defense Expenditures over Russian Threat
- » Another US Warship Passed Dardanelles Strait