Online Shopping Scams in Bulgaria on Holiday Increase - Report
Complaints about online shopping in Bulgaria have increased, mostly affecting clothing and shoes selling websites.
According to the European Consumer Center, more than one third of all complaints are about transportation services.
“Complaints concern late, canceled flights, as well as lost luggage at airports," says the director of the European Consumer Center Ignat Arsenov.
Consumers complain also of clothing and shoes websites from the UK, Germany and France.
"The complaints are mostly related to delivery problems, consumers do not receive the goods or they are extremely late, or they receive a partial delivery,” Arsenov explained.
In order to minimize the risk of becoming a victim of a scam, consumers should check the website before making a purchase, experts advised.
"The tendency is that thefraudulent websites are launched and then shut down very quickly and they cannot be traced,” Arsenov concluded.
- » Half of Bulgarian Employers Loosen Purse Strings on Easter
- » Some 200,000 Bulgarians Yet to File Tax Declarations - NRA
- » EU Does Not Consider South Stream Priority – Official
- » Russian Energy Minister: We Will Proceed with South Stream
- » Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
- » Bulgaria Will Fight for South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
somebody else is happy with your presents...
You need to be careful in BG. Sofia airport for example: the shop after the passport control. 2 cameras register your pin codes from the ceiling above the cash desk. Same at the bars in the passenger zone. 6 camera's, one meter above your head. You use your tablet to log on to your bank, and username and password are recorded...