Bulgaria Registers 6.6% Growth of Tourist Influx Nov 2013
The number of tourists who have visited Bulgaria in November has grown with 6.6%, to 149,500 people, with respect to November 2012, according to official statistics.
The overall number of foreign citizens who visited Bulgaria has also grown, with 2.9% to 416,200 persons, reports Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The number of visits has grown most among citizens of Turkey and Ukraine, 8.3% and 8.1%, respectively.
Among EU nations, the largest growth has been recorded for Italy - 4.4%, Austria - 3.2%, Poland - 2.6%, Greece - 2.5% and Germany - 2.2%.
The largest numbers of tourists for the month of November come from countries neighboring Bulgaria - Romania, Macedonia, Greece and Serbia.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure