Lufthansa Strike Cancels Paris Flights
German airline Lufthansa has cancelled its flights to and from Paris as a result of a strike.
Around 1 300 passengers are affected by the cancellations, prompted by planned job cuts in the airline, reports the Global Post.
“There is nobody here now, all the workers have reported sick”, said a spokesman for Aeroports de Paris, which manages the Charles de Gaulle airport.
A total of 11 departing and 11 arriving flights are cancelled on Thursday.
Lufthansa has seen increased pressure from low-cost airlines in recent years. The company announced its plans to cut 3 500 jobs around the world, including 199 in France.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad