‘Bulgarian Christmas’ Charity Concert Gathers BGN 1.5 M
The annual “Bulgarian Christmas” charity concert managed to gather over BGN 1.5 M for children with hearing and visual disabilities.
The show was held at the National Theater in Sofia, and attended by President Rosen Plevneliev, predecessor Georgi Parvanov, who started the initiative, as well as PM Plamen Oresharski and Bulgaria's European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva.
Besides from ticket proceedings and donations, the sum was also gathered through SMS messages from around the country.
As usual, many of Bulgaria's music stars participated in the concert, which fatured Orlin Goranov, Yordanka Hristova and Lyubo Kirov.
In the previous two editions, the charity helped finance the treatment of 485 children with neurological conditions, as well as for purchasing modern technological equipment for rehabilitation centers.
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo