‘Bulgarian Christmas’ Charity Concert Gathers BGN 1.5 M
The annual “Bulgarian Christmas” charity concert managed to gather over BGN 1.5 M for children with hearing and visual disabilities.
The show was held at the National Theater in Sofia, and attended by President Rosen Plevneliev, predecessor Georgi Parvanov, who started the initiative, as well as PM Plamen Oresharski and Bulgaria's European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva.
Besides from ticket proceedings and donations, the sum was also gathered through SMS messages from around the country.
As usual, many of Bulgaria's music stars participated in the concert, which fatured Orlin Goranov, Yordanka Hristova and Lyubo Kirov.
In the previous two editions, the charity helped finance the treatment of 485 children with neurological conditions, as well as for purchasing modern technological equipment for rehabilitation centers.
- » Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Jerusalem Holy Fire to Arrive in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv on Holy Saturday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 16 Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87