Poor Hiking Conditions in Bulgaria's High Mountains
The conditions for hiking in Bulgaria's alpine mountains are far from perfect Thursday, informs the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service.
In spite of sunny weather in lowlands and the lack of significant snow cover, weather in the high mountains is cloudy, with high winds, said the service.
Temperatures for the day are expected between -2 and 4 degrees Centigrade.
But hikers are advised to be geared for winter trekking and to follow only winter routes, advised the service.
Snow cover on Bulgaria's central Stara Planina range is around 20 cm, with thicker cover on the Rila and Pirin Mountains.
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » 500,000 Bulgarians to Travel During Easter Holidays
- » Bulgaria Is Romanian Tourists' All Inclusive Paradise
- » Climate Change Poses Threat to Ski Tourism in Bulgaria - Report
- » Bulgarians to Spend Easter Holidays in Greece, Italy, Croatia
- » Bulgarian Tourist Websites Among the Most Correct