Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Calls for Peace on Christmas
Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Neofit held Wednesday his first solemn Christmas mass at the St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia.
Neofit wished “peace and blessing” to all Bulgarian Orthodox Christians.
“The church is happy today: the Son of God has been born; the promise has been kept, we are not alone any longer, but God is with us,” the Patriarch said.
The solemn Christmas mass began at 9:30 am EET and continued for two hours, the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs. Several hundred people attended the event.
Neofit was elected Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church by the Holy Synod's national church council on February 24, 2013.
- » Bulgarian Journalist Held Up at Gunpoint in Crimea
- » Sand Sculptures Festival to Take Place in Burgas
- » Tori Amos To Perform in Sofia
- » Masked Man Releases Swarm of Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Bulgaria Ranks First in Unfortunate EU Health Statistics
- » Bulgarian Museum Publishes Ancient Roman Recipes