Baghdad Car Bomb Kills at Least 15 on Christmas
At least 15 people were killed Wednesday as a car bomb went off near a church in Baghdad, officials said.
The device went off in the Dora district of the city as worshippers left a Christmas Day service, the BBC informs.
At least 28 people were wounded, reports said. Police said most of the victims were Christians.
The minority Christian community in Iraq has been a target of attacks by al Qaeda militants in the past, including a 2010 attack on a church that killed dozens of people.
A surge in sectarian violence this year has claimed the lives of more than 6,000 civilians in Iraq, the highest annual number of fatalities since 2008.
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad
- » Russia Will Look for New Markets, Says PM Medvedev
- » US 'Shows Evidence' of Russian Soldiers in Eastern Ukraine