Galatasaray Said to Join Berbatov Chase
Turkish giants Galatasaray are eager to sign Fulham’s experienced striker Dimitar Berbatov, according to a report.
The Express says Galatasaray are hoping to beat North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham to land the 33-year-old Bulgarian.
The report says Arsene Wenger is desperate to find another centre-forward in January, while new Spurs manager Tim Sherwood is also be on the lookout for a new striker.
However, according to the report, Galatasaray boss Roberto Mancini is keen to add firepower to his ranks to help support the likes of Didier Drogba and Burak Yilmaz.
Another report has linked Berbatov with Turkish club Trabzonspor.
Fulham's new coach Rene Meulensteen recently said he firmly believes that Berbatov will stay with the Cottagers until the end of the season and help the club avoid relegation.
But Berbarov’s agent, Emil Danchev, hinted in November that his client is likely to leave Fulham during the upcoming transfer window.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach