Ukrainian Journalist Beaten Outside Kiev
Prominent Ukrainian journalist and pro-EU activist Tetyana Chornovol was brutally beaten outside Kiev just after midnight on December 25.
The incident occurred near the village of Gora, which is located between the capital Kiev and Boryspol, Ukrainian authorities reported.
According to police, Chornovol was driving home to the village of Gora when around 1.30 a.m. her car was blocked by another vehicle with unknown men inside. After she stopped the car, the men dragged Chornovol out and savagely beat her. After that, they left her in the car and pushed it into a roadside ditch.
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych’s press service released a statement on Wednesday, saying that the president condemned this act of violence and ordered that all measures be taken to investigate the attack on the journalist.
Chornovol is an active participant of the EuroMaidan pro-European protests. She has spoken from the stage on Independence Square in Kiev, the center of the demonstrations, multiple times and is a member of the EuroMaidan council.
- » Crimea to Complete Ruble-Switch in Coming Weeks
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens