Police Detonate Suspicious Suitcases in Sofia's Lozenets District
Two strong explosions were heard Tuesday afternoon in Sofia's Lozenets district.
The first one was reported slightly after 3.15 pm and the second one after 3.35 pm, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Both blasts were near the crossing Galitschitsa Street and Babuna Planina Street.
There is increased police presence on the site and traffic in the area has been sealed off.
The press office of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry informed that an abandoned suitcase was being inspected.
According to unconfirmed reports, an anti-bomb squad was seen entering the yard of the Physics Faculty of the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski."
Slightly after 3.45 pm, the Interior Ministry made clear that there had been deactivation activities but assured there was nothing worrying. Traffic in the area was restored.
At around 5.30 pm on Tuesday, the Interior informed that police officers had exploded two suspicious suitcases which had turned out to be empty.
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo