Pope Francis Visits Predecessor for Christmas
Pope Francis has visited his predecessor, Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI, to exchange Christmas greetings at the latter’s Vatican home.
Video released by the Vatican showed the two men, dressed in identical white robes save for Pope Francis' cape, embracing each other at Benedict's home in the Vatican.
The two popes also prayed together in the adjoining chapel, The Telegraph informs.
Since the 86-year-old Benedict retired in February, he and Francis, 77, have met only once in public at an official Vatican ceremony in July.
On Wednesday, Francis will officiate at his historic first midnight Christmas Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica.
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria