'Protest' Tops Novinite.com Searches for 2013
The most searched keyword by Novinite.com readers for 2013 was “protest”.
In a year marked by massive protests in Bulgaria, which first toppled the government of former PM Boyko Borisov, and since June have been putting pressure on current PM Plamen Oresharski, the statistic should not be a surprise.
Further interest in the “protest” search is likely to have come from the recent events in Ukraine, after the country refused to sign an Association Agreement with the EU, prompting mass rallies and violent clashes in the capital Kiev.
The gap between the most often searched word and the second was quite high, compared to the rest.
In second place came Boyko Borisov, who resigned as PM in February. Following early elections in May, his center-right GERB party won the vote, but was not able to form a coalition, and ended up in opposition.
Here is the top 10 list of keywords searched for 2013.
2. Boyko Borisov
6. Delyan Peevski
8. Sunny Beach
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show
- » Bulgarian Journalist Held Up at Gunpoint in Crimea
- » Sand Sculptures Festival to Take Place in Burgas
- » Tori Amos To Perform in Sofia
- » Masked Man Releases Swarm of Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament