Gunmen Attack Iraqi TV HQ, Killing Five
Militants attacked a local television station headquarters Monday in Tikrit, north of Baghdad, killing two journalists.
Before the gunmen stormed into the HQ of Salaheddin TV and the local offices of al Iraqiya state TV, a car bomb exploded outside the building, according to reports of the CNN.
A suicide bomber blew himself up inside Salaheddin TV, killing five employees, including a female anchor and the head of Salaheddin TV's news department, according to reports of local police. At least two of the attackers wore explosive vests.
Security forces launched a counter-attack and regained control of the building.
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria