Bulgaria's Topalov Closes 2013 at 5th Place in FIDE Ranking
Bulgaria's chess star and former World Champion Veselin Topalov will close 2013 on the 5th position of FIDE's ranking.
In the beginning of 2013, Topalov was 8th in the ranking of the World Chess Federation, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
In end-2013, he is preceded by Norway's Magnus Carlsen with 2872 points, Armenia's Levon Aronian with 2812,5 points, the US'Hikaru Nakamura with 2789,1 points and Russia's Vladimir Kramnik with 2786,7 points.
Taking into account FIDE's schedule, Topalov will keep his 5th place in the January ranking.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach